The marrow itself, dug from the bones with demitasse spoons, turned out to be flavorfully geutf8ous, like beef jam suitable for spreading. If all cooking were like this simple in origin and execution, spectacular in result it would be a happier world.
Lamb is always a little fancy, but what would spring be without at least a taste? Two's kitchen grilled a boneless loin and fanned the slices over toasted fregola pasta (pebbly, like Israeli couscous) tossed with braised spring onions, almonds, unidentified greens, and jus. The crunch of the pasta gave particular satisfaction, as did the rosiness of the meat.
The humble cupcake need not be humble. It can be filled with chocolate cream, like a truffle, or topped with peanut-butter frosting, for a real American experience. Five bucks gets you ... two!
Dinner: Mon. Thurs., 5:309 p.m.
Fri.-Sat., 5:3010 p.m.
22 Hawthorne, SF
Most Commented On
- Families need healthy fields, not fake grass and used tires. - July 25, 2014
- Bizzzzzzz.... - July 25, 2014
- Marcos is just pissed that - July 25, 2014
- You honestly believe that? - July 25, 2014
- PY, you're up early today! - July 25, 2014
- soccercomplex - July 25, 2014
- Say what? Maybe you should be - July 25, 2014
- The US government is morally bankrupt - July 25, 2014
- the heat in Walnut Creek - July 25, 2014
- Troll, why do you hate America? - July 25, 2014