What you will see instead is a huge empty white space marked "Polo Grounds." The online information readily available about the Polo Grounds says nothing about those four Tolkienesque towers, or the folk who live there.
Instead, it blathers on about the forgotten baseball stadiums, long demolished, that once stood there for the New York Giants, the Yankees, and the Mets. Think about it 4,200 folk of color vertically stacked in their own Babel but erased from human consideration on the virtual map of the world and replaced by fanboy baseball lore. If that's not black science fiction, I don't know what qualifies.
Most Commented On
- It's not about being poor. It's about being stupid. - March 13, 2014
- Yes, everyone laughs at SF politics - we know that. - March 13, 2014
- A libertarian in SF, really? - March 13, 2014
- Poor people paying the price already - March 13, 2014
- It must be hard to be a progressive and everywhere you walk in - March 13, 2014
- Welcome to San Francisco - March 13, 2014
- "apple is using our streets" - March 13, 2014
- check burners.me for - March 13, 2014
- Gas delivery is an inherently dangerous business and a few - March 13, 2014
- Nothing is mundane to SFBG. Examples: - March 13, 2014