He would have been re-elected, and either Jill Wynns or Rachel Norton would have lost, and this whole JROTC fiasco would never have happened.
There are plenty of problems in the schools, plenty of issues for the board to work on, and with the deep budget problems, it's going to be important for the members to work together. The decision by Wynns and Norton to dredge up a done issue and drag it back before the board was needless and wrong.
I'm way against JROTC in the schools, but even some of the people who ended up supporting it like board member Norman Yee never wanted to see it back before the board again. Now we're going to be fighting over this for months to come. There may be litigation, and it didn't need to happen.
Now any hope of finding an alternative leadership program that doesn't involve the military is gone for at least the next two years, and we're stuck with the Army as part of our high school curriculum.
Not a banner day, folks. Not a banner day. *
Most Commented On
- GREAT THANKS TO DR OJUKWU - March 7, 2014
- Pawan eyeing 9 MP, 40 MLA seats! - March 7, 2014
- "Censorship" - March 7, 2014
- sound like you the one - March 7, 2014
- Mayor Shake we love you we - March 7, 2014
- Mayor Shake - March 7, 2014
- don't judge a book by the - March 7, 2014
- No. Expedia and the others don't pay TOT taxes. Here's proof. - March 6, 2014
- All I'm saying is - March 6, 2014
- Expedia etc. collect and pay TOT tax. - March 6, 2014