"What about all the attack ads we see posted during election season?"
A CBS Outdoor spokesperson confirmed that CBS had refused to accept the proposed ad campaign, and that it is the company's policy not to run negative or attack ads.
Calls to Rachel Sutton, Chevron PR person at its corporate headquarters in San Ramon, seeking comments about truecostofchevron's charges remained unanswered as of press time.
But at Amazon Watch, Anderson said he thought it was "great that the Bay Area community took to the streets this week to tell Chevron that our hearts and minds are not for sale.
"Chevron is trying to paper-over its widespread human rights and environmental problems across the world by spending millions to propagate insulting lies," he continued. "From its disaster in Ecuador to its hiring of global warming deniers as lobbyists, this company has shown complete disregard for the environment, human rights, and yes, wisdom. Chevron is on the wrong side of history. Just as there can be no social justice on a dead planet, Chevron should know that you can't profit off a dead planet either."
In a final swipe at Chevron's Human Energy campaign, critics are distributing posters that ask "Will you join us?" and show a woman smiling alongside the promise "I will protest Chevron."
Most Commented On
- Please provide one that - July 28, 2014
- Steven, it has been estimated that anywhere between one third - July 28, 2014
- Although there are thousands of Airbnb rentals in SF, very few - July 28, 2014
- If there is no question about it then you will be able to cite a - July 28, 2014
- Corrections - July 28, 2014
- ClEpauJHZNJybsJsL - July 28, 2014
- yliJjQpIRethx - July 28, 2014
- Limitations on short-term - July 28, 2014
- Planning Commission hearing - July 28, 2014
- fOztfARUnnB - July 28, 2014