And, looking back, the more we helped each other, the better our social and communication skills grew. Group responsibility for the children, she says, made us human.
More immediately apropos, perhaps, is the research (www.scientificblogging.com/news_articles/human_sex_roles_male_promiscuit...) by Gillian Brown and associates, widely reported this spring, which examined mating behavior and reproductive success in 18 human societies and found that what people do depends on what else is going on: population density, differing life expectancies between the sexes, sex ratios, and a bunch of other variables made a huge difference in who was doing more or less of what with whom. Why this demonstration that humans are complex and adaptable should have come as much of a surprise to anyone, I couldn't tell you. I admit, though, that I likewise couldn't tell you that sociobiological research supports the innate wholesomeness of picking up men on Craigslist, and I doubt it ever will. I tend to be a worrier too, and I have certainly seen people, especially women, do a fair amount of psychic damage to themselves with ill-considered sex. But it would be pretty presumptuous to assume that last weeks "friend" is broken on the basis of, well, not knowing anything.
P.S. Readers, what about you? Care to share your adventures in promiscuity, soul-deadening, life-affirming, or just plain OK? They would make a great column.
Don't forget to read Andrea at Carnal Nation.com.
Most Commented On
- Fatshion - December 10, 2013
- Wholesale Cheap Sexy Lingerie - December 10, 2013
- Thank you for being so honest - December 10, 2013
- Corsets China Manufacturers - December 10, 2013
- You're a "Jack Kemp - December 10, 2013
- Several times the potential - December 10, 2013
- Pass immigration reform now!! - December 10, 2013
- Miniscule reparations more than - December 10, 2013
- great idea - December 10, 2013
- I'm looking forward to even - December 10, 2013