(Tasso is an cold-smoked relative of prosciutto, with pork shoulder used in place of leg.) For a bit of added luxury, the bread is brioche, although that cake-like quality is somewhat obscured by a downpour of béchamel sauce. On the side: a mixed green salad for the ascetic or, for the rest of us, delicately golden, crisp fries.
I particularly liked Lacy's cream of mushroom soup ($3.50 for a cup), which was thick with strips of shiitake mushrooms and creamy, although not too creamy, thanks to an expert blending of cream and stock. No Creole influence here (unless the cream counts), or on the California chicken sandwich ($9.25), a friendly get-together of boneless grilled chicken breast, avocado, tomato slices, jack cheese, bacon, and aioli on sourdough. Still, it did what a good lunch is supposed to do: satisfy without encumbering, so that when you leave the secret chamber you're still as fleet of foot and clear of mind as you rejoin the daily pageant.
Mon.Fri., 8 a.m.3 p.m.; Sat., 9 a.m.3 p.m.
2128 Folsom, SF
LUQUES RESTAURANT & BAR
Daily, 7 a.m.2:30 p.m.
433 Powell, SF
- Typed like a typical white - August 8, 2014
- Palestinians should live in - August 8, 2014
- I've seen no racism on this thread. - August 8, 2014
- Yeah, me, you and ten others - August 8, 2014
- Just sayin' that feral animals take shit - August 8, 2014
- Haunted! Halloween and Day of the Dead events and parties - August 8, 2014
- Almost like a thought crime judicial committee - August 8, 2014
- Or he will revert to "Guest" and pretend to be a developer - August 8, 2014
- Racist - August 8, 2014
- Hypocrite - August 8, 2014