Of course, Until the Light Takes Us full of artful shots of Norway's stark, gorgeous countryside and cityscapes, which go a long way toward illustrating what inspired the black metal guys in the first place is also opening up the scene for curious outsiders.
"It's out of our hands now," Fenriz shrugs. He's bitter, but he's got a point. Murders and mayhem and Mayhem aside, once pop culture snatches up your subculture see: Guitar Hero's black-metal character, Lars Ümlaüt, or the aforementioned Lords of Chaos flick there's no stealing it back.
UNTIL THE LIGHT TAKES US
ThursSat, 7:30 p.m.
(also FriSat, 9:30 p.m.), $8
Yerba Buena Center for the Arts, 701 Mission, SF
(415) 978-2787, www.ybca.org
Most Commented On
- So he deserved to have a cop - July 11, 2014
- That totally means he - July 11, 2014
- Season's greetings - July 11, 2014
- Is Newsom on the wrong side of high-speed rail history? - July 11, 2014
- rent - July 11, 2014
- Everything, because many people have to drive there if there is - July 11, 2014
- Yes, good point, the real employer here is the non-profit - July 11, 2014
- No, the scarcity of housing is caused by government policy - July 11, 2014
- The difference is that only the owners pay taxes on the building - July 11, 2014
- Wrong, rent controlled rents are subsidized at all points - July 11, 2014