Could I go at least a week without writing about Detroit? Sheesh, y'all go back home! But not before Smack, a D-lovely affair, that pairs scene queen Juanita More with the Motor City's Sass and Family crews, with quite-right techno-reppin' DJ Chuck Hampton, aka Gay Marvine, on the decks.
Fri/17, 10 p.m., $5. UndergroundSF, 424 Haight, SF.
More North African dancefloor diaspora, as the man from Oran-El-Bahia rips out some seriously silky smooth house and, well, dubfunk at Temple. Although he became well-known for his sets in South Beach, Miami, Pheeko's no mere sparkly sunglass-wearing slickster, keeping the tunes deep and intelligently constructed.
Sat/18, 10 p.m., $5 before 11 p.m., $20 after. Temple, 540 Howard, SF. www.templesf.com
Most Commented On
- KDiBURdoDkhFqTUPtd - July 29, 2014
- Live Review: My Bloody Valentine’s SF show feels like - July 29, 2014
- Ed Lee's Twitter Tax Break - July 29, 2014
- They find the experience - July 29, 2014
- Yes. If you are with the - July 29, 2014
- Alix Rosenthal is looking to move up - July 29, 2014
- Barbie gets a makeover, San Francisco-style - July 29, 2014
- It's still a tiny amount of space and not worth - July 29, 2014
- The point is that if you divert funds to your favorite pork - July 29, 2014
- The terms liberal and conservative are not useful here. - July 29, 2014