Could I go at least a week without writing about Detroit? Sheesh, y'all go back home! But not before Smack, a D-lovely affair, that pairs scene queen Juanita More with the Motor City's Sass and Family crews, with quite-right techno-reppin' DJ Chuck Hampton, aka Gay Marvine, on the decks.
Fri/17, 10 p.m., $5. UndergroundSF, 424 Haight, SF.
More North African dancefloor diaspora, as the man from Oran-El-Bahia rips out some seriously silky smooth house and, well, dubfunk at Temple. Although he became well-known for his sets in South Beach, Miami, Pheeko's no mere sparkly sunglass-wearing slickster, keeping the tunes deep and intelligently constructed.
Sat/18, 10 p.m., $5 before 11 p.m., $20 after. Temple, 540 Howard, SF. www.templesf.com
Most Commented On
- Google's Silence - December 10, 2013
- There are many smart - December 10, 2013
- People should be left-wing if they are smart and educated? - December 10, 2013
- That's your opinion. Others - December 10, 2013
- Seriously? They are taking - December 10, 2013
- Chemia z Niemiec - December 10, 2013
- Read - December 10, 2013
- Yes. Unethical rhetoricians are not at all trustworthy. - December 10, 2013
- Oops, there goes another - December 10, 2013
- Which sidesteps the issue of - December 10, 2013