Could I go at least a week without writing about Detroit? Sheesh, y'all go back home! But not before Smack, a D-lovely affair, that pairs scene queen Juanita More with the Motor City's Sass and Family crews, with quite-right techno-reppin' DJ Chuck Hampton, aka Gay Marvine, on the decks.
Fri/17, 10 p.m., $5. UndergroundSF, 424 Haight, SF.
More North African dancefloor diaspora, as the man from Oran-El-Bahia rips out some seriously silky smooth house and, well, dubfunk at Temple. Although he became well-known for his sets in South Beach, Miami, Pheeko's no mere sparkly sunglass-wearing slickster, keeping the tunes deep and intelligently constructed.
Sat/18, 10 p.m., $5 before 11 p.m., $20 after. Temple, 540 Howard, SF. www.templesf.com
Most Commented On
- He is the Greatest - April 23, 2014
- As a Marin resident I want to see the impact of SF joining - April 23, 2014
- Sunday parking meters might - April 23, 2014
- San Francisco city management - April 23, 2014
- Another, “good look'n out” by - April 23, 2014
- Dead Weight Losses - April 23, 2014
- It's all about the city's - April 23, 2014
- How does it show? - April 23, 2014
- Where does he say that? And - April 23, 2014
- Sorry they hurt your feelings - April 23, 2014