Could I go at least a week without writing about Detroit? Sheesh, y'all go back home! But not before Smack, a D-lovely affair, that pairs scene queen Juanita More with the Motor City's Sass and Family crews, with quite-right techno-reppin' DJ Chuck Hampton, aka Gay Marvine, on the decks.
Fri/17, 10 p.m., $5. UndergroundSF, 424 Haight, SF.
More North African dancefloor diaspora, as the man from Oran-El-Bahia rips out some seriously silky smooth house and, well, dubfunk at Temple. Although he became well-known for his sets in South Beach, Miami, Pheeko's no mere sparkly sunglass-wearing slickster, keeping the tunes deep and intelligently constructed.
Sat/18, 10 p.m., $5 before 11 p.m., $20 after. Temple, 540 Howard, SF. www.templesf.com
Most Commented On
- Thank you Great Owologbo - April 17, 2014
- Vacancy control and new rent - April 17, 2014
- For sure, I picked up 3 - April 17, 2014
- Home (noun) : a house, - April 17, 2014
- Who cares after every bust - April 17, 2014
- And disagreeing with myself too! - April 17, 2014
- Ignorant troll - April 17, 2014
- The problem with that, Greg, is that when rent control - April 17, 2014
- Unimaginable and - April 17, 2014
- Whoa, Greg, are you now trying to throw us off the scent by - April 17, 2014