"We have so many distractions and so much crap around, you end up having an in-depth knowledge of who played the Riddler in the Batman TV series, and who played drums on England's entry into the Eurovision song contest in 1973," Cocker drawled helpfully about "I Never Said I Was Deep."
"All this trivia, all this crap my mind is littered with but for some reason I kind of take delight in knowing all this crap," he continued. "Maybe at the expense of things that might matter a bit more, or may be more rewarding. So often when I'm worried about something or neurotic about something, that might be the time to write about it, maybe to neutralize it. But by giving it utterance, it robs its power to own you.
"Maybe I will attain depth who knows? Maybe. I'm working on it."
Tues/28, 9 p.m., $32.50
1805 Geary, SF
- Cameroon,i must tell you about a wonderful doctor that cure my - August 21, 2014
- i happy living with it, and i went into research on how i can g - August 21, 2014
- Vulnerable San Francisco ignores growing tech bubble talk - August 21, 2014
- SPELL CASTER THAT BRING MY EX LOVER BACK IN JUST 48HOURS - August 21, 2014
- One can keep all the existing - August 21, 2014
- We don't need a shit ton of condos - August 20, 2014
- Why sf why not San Jose? - August 20, 2014
- Ed Lie's support is less than - August 20, 2014
- Didn't Ronald Reagan say that - August 7, 2014
- Except that they've not been - August 7, 2014