"We have so many distractions and so much crap around, you end up having an in-depth knowledge of who played the Riddler in the Batman TV series, and who played drums on England's entry into the Eurovision song contest in 1973," Cocker drawled helpfully about "I Never Said I Was Deep."
"All this trivia, all this crap my mind is littered with but for some reason I kind of take delight in knowing all this crap," he continued. "Maybe at the expense of things that might matter a bit more, or may be more rewarding. So often when I'm worried about something or neurotic about something, that might be the time to write about it, maybe to neutralize it. But by giving it utterance, it robs its power to own you.
"Maybe I will attain depth who knows? Maybe. I'm working on it."
Tues/28, 9 p.m., $32.50
1805 Geary, SF
Most Commented On
- Bill would tax companies with wide CEO-worker pay disparities - July 31, 2014
- Richard Gere Garza - July 31, 2014
- Small Business Awards 2013: La Victoria Bakery - July 31, 2014
- Wrong, cross-charging between cost centers is routine in - July 31, 2014
- and J Hayes White as Fire Chief - July 31, 2014
- VHyLOXVwFiSo - July 31, 2014
- bFXQikfRhxCVH - July 31, 2014
- Work orders are in place due - July 31, 2014
- what if a sponsoring existed - July 31, 2014
- Having an admitted domestic - July 31, 2014