"What's the best clam chowder you ever had?" I asked.
"My mommy's," he answered, but couldn't quite put his finger on why, when I pressed him, except that she "makes the temperature just right."
It was hot. The soup, the sun.
After, we crossed the street, sat on a bench overlooking the Spud Point marina and decided, after much discussion and weighing of pros and cons and such, that it would be pretty cool to be a boat.
SPUD POINT CRAB COMPANY
Thu.Tue.: 8:30 a.m.5 p.m.
1910 Westshore Road, Bodega Bay
L.E. Leone's new book is Big Bend (Sparkle Street Books), a collection of short fiction.
Most Commented On
- Another new to town progressive. - March 9, 2014
- No, government surveillance wrong, period. - March 9, 2014
- Government surveillance is bad - March 8, 2014
- San Francisco Needs Speed Cameras - March 8, 2014
- Just Like You - March 8, 2014
- Wow Why Didn't I Think Of That???? - March 8, 2014
- That Is Sociopath Guest Steven - March 8, 2014
- Go Read Your History Book - March 8, 2014
- Have you ever considered - March 8, 2014
- Making real-time surveillance - March 8, 2014