The next year, the Bohemian Grove was permanently relocated north to Monte Rio.
MONOGRAPHS Anonymous: Enigmatic Images From Unknown Photographers (Thames and Hudson) and The Face in the Lens (University of California, 208 pages, $45).
SHOW "Hunters and Gatherers: Photographs from the Private Collection of Robert Flynn Johnson," through Aug. 29. Modernism Gallery, 685 Market, SF. (415) 541-0425,
TITLE Wishing Well (from "You and Me On A Sunny Day," 2007)
BACKGROUND For the past few years, I have been constructing a silent film narrating the internal discourse of an elderly woman in today's pervasively influential world. Through a sequence of stills, "You and Me On A Sunny Day" explores the impact that film and fictional media has on her way of life.
SHOUT OUTS Special thanks to Gilda Todar for her extraordinary acting and dedication. We've taken photographs for this project nearly every Sunday since 2007.
AWARD McCorkle is one of the winners of Flash Forward, the Magenta Foundation's annual international competition for emerging photographers. A book launch will be held at Lenox Contemporary in Toronto, Canada, in October.
TITLE Illinois Street, San Francisco (from Ocular Landscape), 2007
BACKGROUND This is an image taken from my studio window near the Mirant power plant. In that particular moment the sky was extraordinarily apocalyptic. This image is part of a series of constructed landscapes in the San Francisco Bay Area.
SHOUT OUTS Eugene Atget, William Christenberry, vernacular landscape photographs, neighborhood histories, urban planning
Most Commented On
- Yes, this does rather wreak of overly-precious race pandering. - July 31, 2014
- They are separate but not equal - July 31, 2014
- Extrication - July 31, 2014
- Rising tide of plutocracy - July 31, 2014
- Bill would tax companies with wide CEO-worker pay disparities - July 31, 2014
- uPnqTInXnBgRqbVF - July 31, 2014
- Secret: - July 31, 2014
- My experience - July 31, 2014
- Ammiano and Leno seek to reform the Ellis Act and slow SF - July 31, 2014
- marcos, are you familiar with the role of a Whip? - July 31, 2014