Andrew said the phrase he heard most about the event was: "It's about time".
Dominic Phillips of Dominic Phillips Event Marketing. Photo by Justin Lewis
Dominic Phillips, of Dominic Phillips Event Marketing, took on the massive role of producing the event, handling logistics that could have easily gone so wrong without his hard-working team's adept strategy. Dominic's "ridiculous amount of planning" paid off with the use of 820 volunteers ('compensated' by being able to attend various sessions or tastings). A thoughtful layout placed tables at angles to keep the Grand Tasting tent feeling full but not crowded, spaced to avoid traffic jams or lines hovering for food (and thanks to the chefs, cooks and servers for keeping food fully supplied at all times!) His green approach was truly impressive with everything from the use of succulent plants rather than cut flowers, recycling all bottles and paper, donating wood signs to Habitat For Humanity and uneaten food to Food Runners following the event, with the goal of diverting at least 75% of the weekend's waste from landfill.
In the capable hands of this stellar crew, an event that is a high price tag for some ($95-$150 for most events), ends up being well spent and worth saving up for. I've rarely seen a better one to splurge on, whether for an evening, day, or weekend. SF Chefs.Food.Wine. should easily gain its place among the great food and wine events in the nation, celebrating the Bay Area's truly awesome culinary influence and community.
Most Commented On
- Yeah - "Diversity" too - March 13, 2014
- Transparency - March 13, 2014
- Yes, let's keep that plaza filthy and crime-infested. - March 13, 2014
- You should ask SFBG that question. - March 13, 2014
- So you are expressing surprise that a developer who wants to - March 13, 2014
- great - March 13, 2014
- why? - March 13, 2014
- Richmond, CA is in bankruptcy and has an astronomical - March 13, 2014
- If the city is involved they will try and take it over - March 13, 2014
- How can we be suffering gentrification if by your own admission - March 13, 2014