Leno voiced concern that the labels will confuse the issue and many amendments have been made about where the labels should be placed.
Although the bill was approved by the full Senate in June, heavy lobbying efforts prevailed in the Assembly and it fell three votes short in the Assembly Appropriations Committee last week. Reconsideration has been granted for next week when the bill will need nine votes before it can proceed to the Assembly floor. If SB 722 does not get nine votes, it will be another year before it can be heard again.
Most Commented On
- Your problem is with the syntax? - May 25, 2013
- Progressive like to claim to speak for "the people" - May 25, 2013
- Case in Point - here is a - May 25, 2013
- heh - May 25, 2013
- "Coverage" is not an - May 25, 2013
- I don't make anywhere close - May 25, 2013
- And your contribution to San Francisco - May 25, 2013
- There just doesn't seem to be any joy in Thugville - May 25, 2013
- Someone could also argue - May 25, 2013
- The hole truth... - May 25, 2013