Leno voiced concern that the labels will confuse the issue and many amendments have been made about where the labels should be placed.
Although the bill was approved by the full Senate in June, heavy lobbying efforts prevailed in the Assembly and it fell three votes short in the Assembly Appropriations Committee last week. Reconsideration has been granted for next week when the bill will need nine votes before it can proceed to the Assembly floor. If SB 722 does not get nine votes, it will be another year before it can be heard again.
Most Commented On
- Beyond the bros - July 22, 2014
- Insurance Commissioner to CPUC: Tech "rideshare" companies must - July 22, 2014
- An SFBG endorsement i probably worth about nine votes - July 22, 2014
- Yes, SFBG has a long history of slipping racism into music - July 22, 2014
- White People - July 22, 2014
- Yes It Says That I Am A Real San Franciscan - July 21, 2014
- The SFBC is a member of the - July 21, 2014
- If You Want To Pay The True Cost It Is Fine With Me - July 21, 2014
- Those Are Mostly Environmentalist Groups - July 21, 2014
- How Is The SFBC Affecting Housing Policy? - July 21, 2014