Every week, Virginia Miller of personalized itinerary service and monthly food, drink, and travel newsletter, www.theperfectspotsf.com, shares foodie news, events, and deals. View the last installment here.
Just for You's new happy hour and New Orleans inspired bites
Despite this past weekend's thunderstorms, our Summer is still in its early stages - Just for You Cafe commemorates an SF Indian Summer (and their nostalgia for New Orleans, which I acutely share) with new menu items and Wednesday through Friday happy hour specials. There's $4.50 Root Beer Floats made with Nawlins' own Abita Root Beer and our Mitchell’s Ice Cream. And it wouldn't be an ode to the South without Red Beans and Rice ($4.50, $2 to add Louisiana hot sausage), Hush Puppies ($4) or a Creole Sampler ($6) of red beans and rice, jambalaya, and shrimp creole. Heineken and Miller beers are $2 and there's Chicken Empanadas ($2.25) or Crispy Chicken Tacos ($2.95) for a veer off the New Orleans' path.
732 22nd Street
Fish & Farm launches American Box
Gourmet lunches from top notch chefs continue to proliferate downtown, with Fish & Farm now in the mix, launching American Box. Executive chef, Chad Newton, created a menu that, similar to the flagship restaurant, is farm-fresh, local, sustainable. Eat from changing menu items, like a "Chop" Salad ($9) with Molinari salami, a Double Taco Box ($7), or a Grilled Moist Melt Box ($8, a rye, cheddar, pickle, caramelized onion sandwich), to go or in Fish & Farm's dining room. Save room for cookies or brownies for dessert.
339 Taylor Street
Test your blind wine tasting skills at Press Club all month
So the Governator himself has dubbed September California Wine Month (isn't every month?) No matter... I like the sound of Press Club's Blind Tasting throughout the month - to test or improve your tasting skills, as the case may be. In Press Club's roomy underground environs, $17 will get you pours of three wines, each selected from some of Nor Cal's best wineries. If you're feeling comfortable, submit your guesses as to each wine in the blind tasting and be entered to win a $50 private tasting for two.
20 Yerba Buena Lane
Most Commented On
- As though I'm really talking - May 20, 2013
- Agree with the gist, - May 20, 2013
- Well now that you know our plan... - May 20, 2013
- "If the over-grown wealth of an individual be deemed dangerous" - May 20, 2013
- Yes, and many of those things should be legal - May 20, 2013
- You're sure I'm indigent? - May 20, 2013
- I agree that transients can be valuable members of the community - May 20, 2013
- Illegals are liable for the same taxes as everyone else. - May 20, 2013
- He knows because he has the wisdom of a bigot - May 20, 2013
- No, "almost everyone" doesn't know that. - May 20, 2013