Every week, Virginia Miller of personalized itinerary service and monthly food, drink, and travel newsletter, www.theperfectspotsf.com, shares foodie news, events, and deals. View the last installment here.
Barrel-aged beer sounds delicious right now. Photo from www.beerandnosh.com
10/10 Beer & Nosh presents Notoberfest
Jesse Friedman, whose popular blog Beer and Nosh is one of the best out there on the sudsy stuff and accompanying foods, throws an event beer and food lovers shouldn't miss. But be forewarned... the event is already half sold out though weeks away.
With a cap at 150 people, Friedman told me he plans to keep it a comfortable party with various outposts around the room, flowing with food and beer. In the spirit of collaboration, Jesse assembled quite a line-up. None other than Ryan Farr and the 4505 Meats team prepare a feast with details not completely confirmed, though I hear rumors of grass-fed beef roasted over a fire, malt-studded/malt extract-glazed pork belly (yes!), barley beer brats on a stick, fried croquet on barley & sour apple chutney, and hopped rolled face on a fence(!) Dessert promises to be equally stunning with Humphry Slocombe creating six custom beer ice creams and treats just for this event. Wow.
Sampling the goods with Steve Altamari (Valley Brew), Ryan Farr (4505 Meats), and Jake Godby (Humphry Slocombe). Photo from www.beerandnosh.com
* Luna Blanca - Central Valley Golden Ale
* a tart Olallieberry Sour that's been fermented using wild yeast
* Brandy Barrel-aged “Collaborative Evil” Belgian Strong Golden Ale
* India Pale Ale
* Bourbon Barrel Russian Imperial Stout
* a rich Valley Brew Skullsplitter Root Beer
* the event's signature beer, “Notoberfest” Bourbon Barrel Maibock Lager
This collaborative night brings together passionate craftspeople serving one-of-a-kind beers, meats and ice cream. If you need any more reasons to attend, I can't think of them.
October 10, 1-5pm
$50 pre-purchase; $60 at the door (if not sold out): includes beer, food, commemorative glass and poster (shown on Web site)
798 Brannan Street
Most Commented On
- Independance is a fundamental American virtue. - December 20, 2013
- Now SF is providing a safe - December 20, 2013
- Josh, do you bore everyone like this? - December 20, 2013
- Steven, the 73% is consistent with other polls and with the - December 20, 2013
- Federal law always trumps local law and HH is - December 20, 2013
- Saying the same thing five times - December 20, 2013
- More homes are sold to non-tech people than tech people - December 20, 2013
- There has never been an Ellis eviction in Oakland so - December 20, 2013
- A bus is a bus is a bus. - December 20, 2013
- I understand the issue perfectly. these tech workers have - December 20, 2013