So I think we need to find somewhere down the middle, that if person is arrested, there is a non-law enforcement review. And quite frankly, probably the best person would be the D.A. They determine whether they have a prosecutable case or not. If it's prosecutable case and a predictable offense that requires reporting, then that would be a good time where a flag could go up.
SFBG But that's not the process right now. Gascón No, the process now is triggered by the Probation Department, which is a law enforcement entity. So I think we have a process where law enforcement is making a decision and Sup. Campos is looking at a process of adjudication.
SFBG It sounds as if you agree substantially with Sup. David Campos. Is there room for compromise?
Gascón I'm hoping there is room for compromise, that is something we're trying to work with.
Sarah Phelan and Rebecca Bowe contributed to this report.
Most Commented On
- The system is not working - March 10, 2014
- These are not "confiscatory laws" - March 10, 2014
- It's hard to imagine what job this woman would have if not - March 10, 2014
- The downside of civil rights and political correctness is that - March 10, 2014
- I disagree. It's a "taking" if a government passes laws that can - March 10, 2014
- Apparently her family is already suing and so the system is - March 10, 2014
- discrimination means pretty much anything now - March 10, 2014
- It is not the government's responsibility - March 10, 2014
- Commercial & Personal Insurance are Different - March 10, 2014
- Follow up To 'One Size Won't Fit All' - March 10, 2014