There is a small family of low benches squatting against one wall, as if in the lounge of a forlorn regional airport. You probably don't want to sit there. Mission Burger is fundamentally a takeout operation, but also a made-to-order one.
But one of the virtues of a genuine fatburger is that it travels well. As insurance, the briochy-looking bun is lined with jack cheese, spicy caper mayonnaise, and a slathering of caramelized onions. This combination isn't exactly coherent, but it is tasty. Plus, there are fries, and they are as good as McDonald's fries used to be back in the day when they were fried in beef tallow. For a bit of color: coleslaw made with red cabbage. It's appealingly creamy, although that doesn't do much for the calorie count not that it matters in the shadow of Mount Fatburger. Could it be the highest point in the Mission?
Mon.Thurs., 11 a.m.10 p.m.;
Fri.Sat., 11 a.m.11 p.m.
581 Valencia, SF
Beer and wine
Lunch: Fri.Wed., noon3 p.m.
2200 Mission, SF
Most Commented On
- "very funny--but I notice - May 22, 2013
- Great work, looks like you - May 22, 2013
- awesome. i love this. - May 22, 2013
- No more Manhattanization of - May 22, 2013
- Union's mayoral candidate soundly defeated in LA....?! - May 22, 2013
- Kevin, I promise that the minute I feel a need for a - May 22, 2013
- Everything has become the - May 22, 2013
- Dude, learn how to follow a thread or I will - May 22, 2013
- Johnny Rotten???? From the - May 22, 2013
- Great, hopefully you're not - May 22, 2013