Every week, Virginia Miller of personalized itinerary service and monthly food, drink, and travel newsletter, www.theperfectspotsf.com, shares foodie news, events, and deals. View the last installment here.
10/29 - Foreign Cinema's Oktoberfest German-themed dinner
Get your lederhosen on... or at least be hosted by someone wearing theirs... at Foreign Cinema this Thursday. No, it's not a German restaurant per se, but I'd trust most meals in the hands of chefs Gayle Pirie and John Clark. Their special Munich-style, three course dinner is $34.95, including one hearty beer, but is also available a la carte (along with the regular menu). Make reservations for the night, down Oktoberfest beers (a Weihenstephaner Festbier or Franziskaner Dunkelweisse) while eating beet and cucumber salad, wiener schnitzel with fried potatoes, and spiced apple cake with praline and cider sauce. Dreimal hoch (i.e. three cheers)!
2534 Mission Street
10/29 - Fair Trade Month celebrated at Samovar Tea Lounge
October is Fair Trade Month and downtown's Samovar Tea Lounge commemorates with a Fair Trade Gala this Thursday. Fair trade speakers discuss the movement from all angles (that of the suppliers, certifiers, retailers, and farmers) with plenty of Q&A to answer your questions. On hand to sample as you join in the discussion are fair trade products from Alter Eco Olive, Frontier Herbs and Spices, La Yapa Quinoa, Tcho Chocolate, Swoonbeams Chocolate, and more, plus Samovar's new line of Fair Trade Teas.
Thu/29, 7-9pm, $10
730 Howard Street
Most Commented On
- growth? - July 28, 2014
- So there is on definition of - July 28, 2014
- the Corporate state of America - July 28, 2014
- For every person, there is a place - July 28, 2014
- I think a lot of people would infer that someone who is in their - July 28, 2014
- Suggesting that people adapt their lifestyle to their financial - July 28, 2014
- No. I was suggesting to appeals for "fairness" is only effective - July 28, 2014
- crap - July 28, 2014
- Mass Murder - July 28, 2014
- Wiener’s resolution to study waterfront initiative written by - July 28, 2014