Every week, Virginia Miller of personalized itinerary service and monthly food, drink, and travel newsletter, www.theperfectspotsf.com, shares foodie news, events, and deals. View the last installment here.
10/29 - Foreign Cinema's Oktoberfest German-themed dinner
Get your lederhosen on... or at least be hosted by someone wearing theirs... at Foreign Cinema this Thursday. No, it's not a German restaurant per se, but I'd trust most meals in the hands of chefs Gayle Pirie and John Clark. Their special Munich-style, three course dinner is $34.95, including one hearty beer, but is also available a la carte (along with the regular menu). Make reservations for the night, down Oktoberfest beers (a Weihenstephaner Festbier or Franziskaner Dunkelweisse) while eating beet and cucumber salad, wiener schnitzel with fried potatoes, and spiced apple cake with praline and cider sauce. Dreimal hoch (i.e. three cheers)!
2534 Mission Street
10/29 - Fair Trade Month celebrated at Samovar Tea Lounge
October is Fair Trade Month and downtown's Samovar Tea Lounge commemorates with a Fair Trade Gala this Thursday. Fair trade speakers discuss the movement from all angles (that of the suppliers, certifiers, retailers, and farmers) with plenty of Q&A to answer your questions. On hand to sample as you join in the discussion are fair trade products from Alter Eco Olive, Frontier Herbs and Spices, La Yapa Quinoa, Tcho Chocolate, Swoonbeams Chocolate, and more, plus Samovar's new line of Fair Trade Teas.
Thu/29, 7-9pm, $10
730 Howard Street
Most Commented On
- When Ed Lee says he is pro - May 24, 2013
- I think when Ed Lee talks - May 24, 2013
- It's such a tsimis,OY! Ive - May 24, 2013
- Does she post comments on this website? - May 24, 2013
- Wow, then you fit in - May 24, 2013
- "The fact that the liberal - May 24, 2013
- Wow, I have never seen such a - May 24, 2013
- Street music - May 24, 2013
- Granelli must be all over - May 24, 2013
- There's no "sex shit" here. - May 24, 2013