The nice thing about the Zuni book is that Judy Rodgers actually teaches you why you're doing what you're doing. The other night, I made her recipe for chicken braised in honey, vinegar and figs amazing.
SFBG How much has the declining economy affected your business at the shop?
CS I love opening in a recession: there's nowhere to go but up. I'm not worried. If I have a bad day, I have to remind myself of the big picture and know that later in the week I'll have a good day, too.
Omnivore Books, 3885 Cesar Chavez, SF. (415) 282-4712, omnivorebooks.com
UPCOMING (MOSTLY FREE) EVENTS
Oct. 31, 45 p.m. Julie Usher, author of Cookie Swap
Nov. 1, 3-4 p.m. Pim Techamuanvivit, author of The Foodie Handbook
Nov. 6, 67 p.m. Jaden Hair, author of The Steamy Kitchen: 101 Asian Recipes Simple Enough for Tonight's Dinner
Nov. 8, 34 p.m. Andrea Israel & Nancy Garfinkle, authors of The Recipe Club: A Tale of Food and Friendship
Nov. 14, 3-4 p.m. Pat Tanumihardja, author of The Asian Grandmother's Cookbook
Nov. 21, 4-5 p.m. $5: Pumpkin cooking contest. Bring any pumpkin dish (from cookies to mole) and let everyone judge. Winner splits the door fee with Omnivore.
Dec. 6, 3:30 p.m. Thomas Keller, signing his new cookbook Ad Hoc at Home
Most Commented On
- Lou Reed's not so perfect day - April 19, 2014
- I NEED MY EX GIRLFRIEND BACK - April 19, 2014
- the spell caster that help bring my ex back - April 19, 2014
- HOW TO GET YOUR EX BACK TO YOU - April 19, 2014
- Mid-Market landlord appeals as tenants face holiday evictions - April 19, 2014
- THANKS TO GREAT DR AISABU FOR SOLVING MY PROBLEMS HIS EMAIL IS ( - April 19, 2014
- hello - April 19, 2014
- buIUXMlKUDOSqePs - April 19, 2014
- That is what the city is saying - April 19, 2014
- RVrsDuHfgsqZCDWBmxZ - April 19, 2014