Everyone's becoming more song-oriented. I'm a producer more than a DJ. That's why I don't call myself DJ Tiësto anymore. Just Tiësto."
But he still tours as a DJ, one famous for delivering nine-hour sets to crowds of 100,000. So how does he fit short pop blasts into the revolving-stage and firework-erupting Tiësto spectacle? "I have this trick where I split the show in two parts, the pop-rock and singing in the beginning and then the classic longer stuff later on. It really works out."
As for his fans' reaction to the changes? "Look," he said, "I see stuff on the Internet. Some people hate it. Some new people love it. It's always been the same about me anyway. Love or hate. But like I said even with trance, you can't do that same thing forever."
Sat/21, 8 p.m., $60
2600 Geneva, Daly City
Most Commented On
- "is true, we’re in a - April 21, 2014
- a good man that help me - April 21, 2014
- i need my exlover back - April 21, 2014
- DBGWlgIHuOSxG - April 21, 2014
- a good man that also help me - April 21, 2014
- ngRqQcBlxeODokdxsEka - April 21, 2014
- zWbBAdNqet - April 21, 2014
- UEnuhdnVqFWAxJh - April 21, 2014
- uCnoDZlMvIAxXt - April 21, 2014
- mWgxyNmalCQRrCwgLL - April 21, 2014