Perhaps then the reality of her murder in the SoHo district's Puck Building might not be such a slap in the face.
Tethered by her untimely death, the caliber of Cha's contribution to the art world remains a puzzle. Yet the aesthetic pulse of the day orders one to ignore the conceptual fray. Cha is a thoroughly detail-oriented literary and visual artist. Her methodical work doesn't entertain or dazzle. It is open-ended in a way that requires its audience to supply part of the vision.
THERESA HAK KYUNG CHA: EARTH
Through Dec. 20, $5$8 (free for UC students and children)
Berkeley Art Museum
2626 Bancroft, Berk.
Most Commented On
- Just you wait...when these - December 10, 2013
- the Marsh - December 10, 2013
- You have got to be joking - December 10, 2013
- What about the employees? Are we have more jobs. - December 10, 2013
- Flapper Costumes - December 10, 2013
- Homeless Art - December 10, 2013
- Vintage Dresses - December 10, 2013
- Corsets China Manufacturers - December 10, 2013
- On which page of your Guide - December 10, 2013
- If your skin is too thin - December 10, 2013