(When police arrested rapper Ronnie "Ron Ruger" Louvier shortly after the 2008 murder of Marquise Washington, for which Louvier was recently convicted, they found him wiping down his tricked-out car with a "Safire for Judge" T-shirt).
More recently, Safire orchestrated the theatrical courtroom appearance of seven men wearing gold grills on their teeth who were meant to resemble his client, murder defendant Charles "Cheese" Heard. When a key witness was asked to identify Heard, all the men stood up, ostensibly to test the witness's memory, throwing the courtroom into disorder.
Vender, who posted a $75,000 bail the night of his arrest, was arraigned Nov. 23 and will return to court Dec. 7. Hanlon said he thinks Vender will be acquitted: "This is gonna go to trial, I'm sure of that."
Most Commented On
- AgeSong told Campos they - July 10, 2014
- I feel no sympathy for you - July 10, 2014
- economic - July 10, 2014
- What the hell are you - July 10, 2014
- Losing their hegemony - July 10, 2014
- Supervisor's Campos offer is - July 10, 2014
- I smell an expensive lawsuit - July 10, 2014
- divine solution - July 10, 2014
- It's called an "asset strip" - July 10, 2014
- Never a problem imposing an additional tax can't solve!! - July 10, 2014