Justice delayed is justice denied."
After the meeting, Muñoz and more than a dozen community advocates told us they were frustrated by Newsom's stance and that innocent kids were already being ripped from their families, creating deep-seated fear within the immigrant community that cooperating with local police could result in racial profiling and referral to the feds.
Angela Chan, staff attorney at the Asian Law Caucus, told us, "We agree with City Attorney Herrera's stated intention to vigorously defend the duly-enacted, legally sound policy. It is paramount for Herrera to take immediate steps to uphold the law, including advising the mayor that he cannot refuse to implement this law."
Most Commented On
- take her to both! - July 23, 2014
- The Beach Boys - July 23, 2014
- utwFegLDkDFgV - July 23, 2014
- Defending corrupt unions - July 23, 2014
- It's a myth that socially responsible investment - July 23, 2014
- I don't quite get the indie rock connection here either - July 23, 2014
- Blame the Rent Control - July 23, 2014
- It would appear that many, many people love the new condos - July 23, 2014
- So long as the Mayor's Office - July 23, 2014
- It's important to have a token girl actor in an action movie so - July 23, 2014