Justice delayed is justice denied."
After the meeting, Muñoz and more than a dozen community advocates told us they were frustrated by Newsom's stance and that innocent kids were already being ripped from their families, creating deep-seated fear within the immigrant community that cooperating with local police could result in racial profiling and referral to the feds.
Angela Chan, staff attorney at the Asian Law Caucus, told us, "We agree with City Attorney Herrera's stated intention to vigorously defend the duly-enacted, legally sound policy. It is paramount for Herrera to take immediate steps to uphold the law, including advising the mayor that he cannot refuse to implement this law."
Most Commented On
- ABC7's pedestrian safety coverage courts controversy - July 10, 2014
- I was there. I have to say, - July 10, 2014
- Isn't it the nonprofit - July 10, 2014
- From SF Gate: "The sale will - July 10, 2014
- I like how you specifically - July 10, 2014
- Some people don't have homes - July 10, 2014
- What the initiative really says. - July 10, 2014
- Why not single family homes - July 10, 2014
- Most would rather have the - July 10, 2014
- Wanted PR consultant Ryan Chamberlain in FBI custody - July 10, 2014