Justice delayed is justice denied."
After the meeting, Muñoz and more than a dozen community advocates told us they were frustrated by Newsom's stance and that innocent kids were already being ripped from their families, creating deep-seated fear within the immigrant community that cooperating with local police could result in racial profiling and referral to the feds.
Angela Chan, staff attorney at the Asian Law Caucus, told us, "We agree with City Attorney Herrera's stated intention to vigorously defend the duly-enacted, legally sound policy. It is paramount for Herrera to take immediate steps to uphold the law, including advising the mayor that he cannot refuse to implement this law."
Most Commented On
- music widgets for your blog - December 13, 2013
- music widgets for wordpress - December 13, 2013
- music widgets for websites - December 13, 2013
- music windows gadgets for windows 7 - December 13, 2013
- Translation of that lofty - December 13, 2013
- "Might want to try that sober - December 13, 2013
- More whining from a ardently - December 13, 2013
- Agreed. I don't think tech - December 13, 2013
- Street wall art is becoming a - December 13, 2013
- "Cycling is popular with tech - December 13, 2013