She has a bare backside, you guys!) Purity rings aside, they're as much industry creations as anyone American Idol has spit out.
Perhaps I'm being naïve. The music industry's role in pop music is a longstanding tradition, but never before has the mechanization been more obvious, or aimed at a younger audience. My hope, then, is for a decade full of mold-breakers like Lady Gaga, whose freak act may not be new but is still more exciting than most anything else out there. And as for those mom-approved wax figures? Let's just wish they make like Icarus and fly too close to the sun.
Most Commented On
- SFBG is now doing PR for Mirkarimi? - July 30, 2014
- Because - July 30, 2014
- "This strongly suggests that - July 30, 2014
- It really depends on whether - July 30, 2014
- Yeah, the pork I want to - July 30, 2014
- Wait a sec, the report was 22 - July 30, 2014
- The Controller's office has - July 30, 2014
- VXfVGoezrRsCXMc - July 30, 2014
- Left out - July 30, 2014
- One Lorde to rule them all: An evening at the Fox with one - July 30, 2014