Oh my god, you guys!
Miley Cyrus lets Annie Leibovitz take a vaguely smutty photo of her for Vanity Fair.
Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta, a.k.a. Lady Gaga, releases The Fame (Interscope). Pop domination imminent.
Blink-182 drummer Travis Barker and Adam "DJ AM" Goldstein are the sole survivors of a small plane crash in South Carolina. Goldstein is found dead in August 2009, leading to more than one tasteless Final Destination joke.
Long-gestating, near-mythical Guns N' Roses album Chinese Democracy (Geffen) finally drops. World shrugs, admits they'll always prefer Appetite for Destruction (Geffen) no matter what Axl does from here on out.
Christian Bale's angry rant at a crew member on the set of Terminator: Salvation becomes an Internet sensation. A dance remix follows almost instantaneously. "What don't you fucking understand?"
Chris Brown beats up then-girlfriend Rihanna. He pleads guilty in August; as part of his sentence, he must stay 100 yards away from Rihanna (10 yards at public events) for five years.
Michael Jackson dies.
Berkeley Repertory Theater premieres American Idiot, a musical based on the 2004 Green Day album.
"Taylor, I'm really happy for you, and I'm gonna let you finish, but Beyoncé had one of the best videos of all time." Kanye West, MTV Video Music Awards. This is the only interesting thing that has ever happened to Taylor Swift.
Most Commented On
- Human rights - March 15, 2014
- Lobby of Trolls - March 15, 2014
- Community - March 15, 2014
- I wanna get rid of you...And you too - March 15, 2014
- nice - March 15, 2014
- false argument - March 14, 2014
- As spoken by one of the - March 14, 2014
- Make-Believe Energy Can Power Make-Believe Engines! - March 14, 2014
- Har, when it all woks out for you - March 14, 2014
- The SOMA junk housing projects hardly represent a city in amber - March 14, 2014