Is the local business tax exemption for this thriving industry worth the cost?
Newsom has been vague about whether he accepts that tradeoff or even understands its implications to city coffers and the local economy. Newsom Press Secretary Tony Winnicker recently told us, "He thinks it's good policy to spur private sector job growth."
Later, he added: "While not every company has taken advantage of it, we feel extending it sends the right message,"
Most Commented On
- doubletalk - May 23, 2013
- Weiner - May 23, 2013
- Go Figure - May 23, 2013
- The most hilarious thing - May 23, 2013
- I don't think means testing - May 23, 2013
- "Again, I repeat: YOU DO NOT - May 23, 2013
- To hell with all of you Guests - May 23, 2013
- I can explain the confusion - May 23, 2013
- You can live far above - May 23, 2013
- Um, it doesn't matter how - May 23, 2013