Dan Hoyle reports back from the heartland in his latest stage show The Real Americans
Maybe there is no halfway? Or maybe a halfway line requires more rigorous interrogation of the play's own political assumptions. That might have cast the ideological landscape in a somewhat different light. After all, the widespread conviction that Obama is a "Moozlum" is one thing; a more general distrust of the state and big business as dangerously encroaching powers is another.
THE REAL AMERICANS
Through April 18
Thurs.–Fri., 8 p.m.; Sat., 5 p.m.
Sun/21, Feb 28, and all Sundays starting March 14, 3 p.m.
1062 Valencia, SF
Most Commented On
- Autism Spectrum Disorder - December 9, 2013
- "It's a power thing for us - December 9, 2013
- CAREERS AND ED: Bend over, boardroom - December 9, 2013
- Am thanking Dr SHAVAI for helping me bring my lost husband bca - December 9, 2013
- So tired of people from - December 9, 2013
- Brilliant post! I certainly - December 9, 2013
- My husband dumped me 3 months - December 8, 2013
- voyage cambodge - December 8, 2013
- Medical admission 2013 - December 8, 2013
- How my ex husband came back within 48 hours - December 8, 2013