Most experts recognize that the criminal justice system for youths has failed, and putting people in jail for a nonviolent crime doesn't make a lot of sense.
I would ask people across the political spectrum in San Francisco to join me in creating a new paradigm of public safety in the Haight and across the city based on Restorative Circles, a model that will empower our communities and transform systemic problems into real solutions. *
Gabriel, a.k.a. Robert, Haaland is a 15-year resident of the Haight-Ashbury neighborhood and serves on the board of SF Pride at Work and the Democratic County Central Committee. This proposal was reviewed by Li Morales and by Becky Sutton, community outreach coordinator for Restorative Circles, North America. For more info, go to www.restorativecircles.org.
Most Commented On
- They think they are - December 10, 2013
- If Milk was spouting the same - December 10, 2013
- Sorry Chris. There are some - December 10, 2013
- 510-629-6662 its the number - December 10, 2013
- While I might not agree with - December 10, 2013
- I couldn't agree more. HELLO - December 10, 2013
- LOL. Seems like it... doesn't - December 10, 2013
- Wow. Nice. How about we - December 10, 2013
- Sure, those people do things - December 10, 2013
- Good ol marcos. - December 10, 2013