Most experts recognize that the criminal justice system for youths has failed, and putting people in jail for a nonviolent crime doesn't make a lot of sense.
I would ask people across the political spectrum in San Francisco to join me in creating a new paradigm of public safety in the Haight and across the city based on Restorative Circles, a model that will empower our communities and transform systemic problems into real solutions. *
Gabriel, a.k.a. Robert, Haaland is a 15-year resident of the Haight-Ashbury neighborhood and serves on the board of SF Pride at Work and the Democratic County Central Committee. This proposal was reviewed by Li Morales and by Becky Sutton, community outreach coordinator for Restorative Circles, North America. For more info, go to www.restorativecircles.org.
Most Commented On
- Tradeoffs - July 29, 2014
- Small Business Awards 2013: La Victoria Bakery - July 29, 2014
- Branches of government - July 29, 2014
- Jane is smart - July 29, 2014
- Daly caved all the time. - July 29, 2014
- Well, it clearly doesn't work - July 29, 2014
- Kim and SFBG - July 29, 2014
- I cannot picture her - July 29, 2014
- Yes, it is a policy - July 29, 2014
- Protect light industrial businesses from Big Tech sprawl - July 29, 2014