From tasty to tastebud-searing, playful izakaya-style small plates complement an extensive whisky selection
Green tea might offer many health benefits, but it's problematic as a dessert player, with a tendency to be pale and bitter at the same time. Green tea ice cream? Wake me up when it's over. So when our attentive, smiling server mentioned green tea cheesecake, I saw a set of lips across the table crinkle with distaste. But the cheesecake ($4 for a slender slice) turned out to be sublime, with the tea's edge wrapped in creaminess and sweetness, like a chef's knife in a handsome leather sheath. Across the way, those skeptical lips smacked with pleasure.
NIHON WHISKY LOUNGE
Dinner: Tues.–Sat., 5:30 p.m.–2 a.m.
1779 Folsom, SF
Most Commented On
- During Ron Dellums tenure I - March 7, 2014
- I'm quite disturbed about the - March 7, 2014
- Trying to read that was - March 7, 2014
- SVODZbKkmyQ - March 7, 2014
- Don't be glasshole - March 7, 2014
- No no no. Marcos thinks that - March 7, 2014
- Let's do a probable profile - March 7, 2014
- Newly elected Seattle City Councillor - March 7, 2014
- Likewise, when cyclists ride on the sidewalk or fail to stop at - March 7, 2014
- Anyone associated with Occupy is unelectable - March 7, 2014