From tasty to tastebud-searing, playful izakaya-style small plates complement an extensive whisky selection
Green tea might offer many health benefits, but it's problematic as a dessert player, with a tendency to be pale and bitter at the same time. Green tea ice cream? Wake me up when it's over. So when our attentive, smiling server mentioned green tea cheesecake, I saw a set of lips across the table crinkle with distaste. But the cheesecake ($4 for a slender slice) turned out to be sublime, with the tea's edge wrapped in creaminess and sweetness, like a chef's knife in a handsome leather sheath. Across the way, those skeptical lips smacked with pleasure.
NIHON WHISKY LOUNGE
Dinner: Tues.–Sat., 5:30 p.m.–2 a.m.
1779 Folsom, SF
Most Commented On
- Richard Gere Garza - July 31, 2014
- Small Business Awards 2013: La Victoria Bakery - July 31, 2014
- Wrong, cross-charging between cost centers is routine in - July 31, 2014
- and J Hayes White as Fire Chief - July 31, 2014
- VHyLOXVwFiSo - July 31, 2014
- bFXQikfRhxCVH - July 31, 2014
- Work orders are in place due - July 31, 2014
- what if a sponsoring existed - July 31, 2014
- Having an admitted domestic - July 31, 2014
- Boxes in space - July 31, 2014