From tasty to tastebud-searing, playful izakaya-style small plates complement an extensive whisky selection
Green tea might offer many health benefits, but it's problematic as a dessert player, with a tendency to be pale and bitter at the same time. Green tea ice cream? Wake me up when it's over. So when our attentive, smiling server mentioned green tea cheesecake, I saw a set of lips across the table crinkle with distaste. But the cheesecake ($4 for a slender slice) turned out to be sublime, with the tea's edge wrapped in creaminess and sweetness, like a chef's knife in a handsome leather sheath. Across the way, those skeptical lips smacked with pleasure.
NIHON WHISKY LOUNGE
Dinner: Tues.–Sat., 5:30 p.m.–2 a.m.
1779 Folsom, SF
Most Commented On
- Ha... I love your racist and - July 23, 2014
- QWzfFRMQpa - July 23, 2014
- Well they did try and kick out JROTC - July 23, 2014
- 5 SFUSD high schools offer computer science courses - July 23, 2014
- It's much easier to blame - July 23, 2014
- Even the New York Times opines! - July 23, 2014
- So your excuse is that - July 23, 2014
- Greg also supports communists - July 23, 2014
- If Twitter hired the - July 23, 2014
- specifically - July 23, 2014