From tasty to tastebud-searing, playful izakaya-style small plates complement an extensive whisky selection
Green tea might offer many health benefits, but it's problematic as a dessert player, with a tendency to be pale and bitter at the same time. Green tea ice cream? Wake me up when it's over. So when our attentive, smiling server mentioned green tea cheesecake, I saw a set of lips across the table crinkle with distaste. But the cheesecake ($4 for a slender slice) turned out to be sublime, with the tea's edge wrapped in creaminess and sweetness, like a chef's knife in a handsome leather sheath. Across the way, those skeptical lips smacked with pleasure.
NIHON WHISKY LOUNGE
Dinner: Tues.–Sat., 5:30 p.m.–2 a.m.
1779 Folsom, SF
Most Commented On
- Guest = a PUC employee. - March 11, 2014
- I repeat, what more evidence - March 11, 2014
- The implication is that Tiny doesn't care about evictions of - March 11, 2014
- Public comments are easily the most tedious part of any city - March 11, 2014
- It's only the stops that matter; not the routes. - March 11, 2014
- Thanks, Wired! - March 11, 2014
- Also on the BOS agenda . . . - March 11, 2014
- Did they sing kumbaya? - March 11, 2014
- Would be nice of them to - March 11, 2014
- Joe, the $1 is only a charge for using a Muni stop and NOT a - March 11, 2014