Israeli defense technique Krav Maga goes for the throat
Of course, folks looking for a more graceful, philosophy-based martial art might ultimately decide that Krav Maga is just too rough around the edges. I think of the earnest man who attended an intro session about a month ago. He'd been blocking well all night, but balked when our instructor urged us to aim our punches for the throat, in order to cause "the most amount of damage in the quickest amount of time."
"But couldn't you damage someone permanently if you hit them in the Adam's apple," the man asked, concerned.
"I didn't start the fight, remember," our instructor said firmly. "But I'm going to finish it."
KRAV MAGA SAN FRANCISCO
1455 Bush, SF
Most Commented On
- kOXZTGiGnssvsq - April 17, 2014
- Doesn't matter - April 17, 2014
- Yes, and the trains were less safe because the workers whose - April 17, 2014
- No, it was because of safety - April 17, 2014
- I think you mistake us for people who gives a crap about - April 17, 2014
- If a more precious, self-absorbed group arrive in SF then I - April 17, 2014
- What I heard was that those staff were only manning the trains - April 17, 2014
- PC-ism has reached a new extreme when RuPaul - April 17, 2014
- xMWtHBauyjFX - April 17, 2014
- We can stop cities sending us their homeless - April 17, 2014