Israeli defense technique Krav Maga goes for the throat
Of course, folks looking for a more graceful, philosophy-based martial art might ultimately decide that Krav Maga is just too rough around the edges. I think of the earnest man who attended an intro session about a month ago. He'd been blocking well all night, but balked when our instructor urged us to aim our punches for the throat, in order to cause "the most amount of damage in the quickest amount of time."
"But couldn't you damage someone permanently if you hit them in the Adam's apple," the man asked, concerned.
"I didn't start the fight, remember," our instructor said firmly. "But I'm going to finish it."
KRAV MAGA SAN FRANCISCO
1455 Bush, SF
Most Commented On
- I'm giving Emma credit here for learning from her last error and - July 28, 2014
- Jews who aren't smart enough to become doctors or lawyers - July 28, 2014
- Yes, it's racist to comment on someone's race. - July 28, 2014
- The notion of a "fair" wage is determined not by any one - July 28, 2014
- She demands her right to spend the money of others for no - July 28, 2014
- MTA operators earn just shy - July 28, 2014
- Fertility - July 28, 2014
- Politesse - July 28, 2014
- It makes no sense whatsoever - July 28, 2014
- Oakland is a few miles away and half the price - July 28, 2014