Israeli defense technique Krav Maga goes for the throat
Of course, folks looking for a more graceful, philosophy-based martial art might ultimately decide that Krav Maga is just too rough around the edges. I think of the earnest man who attended an intro session about a month ago. He'd been blocking well all night, but balked when our instructor urged us to aim our punches for the throat, in order to cause "the most amount of damage in the quickest amount of time."
"But couldn't you damage someone permanently if you hit them in the Adam's apple," the man asked, concerned.
"I didn't start the fight, remember," our instructor said firmly. "But I'm going to finish it."
KRAV MAGA SAN FRANCISCO
1455 Bush, SF
Most Commented On
- A sport bar for gay people is - December 20, 2013
- Yes, and they have agreed to pay their fair share - December 20, 2013
- True believers share the same pathology - December 20, 2013
- Thanks post - December 20, 2013
- Steven is probably right about the Ed Lee poll - December 20, 2013
- Independance is a fundamental American virtue. - December 20, 2013
- Now SF is providing a safe - December 20, 2013
- Josh, do you bore everyone like this? - December 20, 2013
- Steven, the 73% is consistent with other polls and with the - December 20, 2013
- Federal law always trumps local law and HH is - December 20, 2013