From Dry Creek Valley barrel-tasting to the snowy peaks of Austria, here are a trio of flavorful events that encompass a full range of delectable vino.
4/22 Wine Enthusiast's Toast of the Town
One of the big wine events each year, this swank soiree in the War Memorial Opera House hits major cities (like NY and Chicago), often selling out. Tasting runs the gamut of the US (from Cali to South Carolina), through Tuscany, France, Chile, New Zealand, and so on. Food is almost an equal highlight here from Wine Country favorites such as the girl & the fig and Mustards, or Urban Tavern, Farallon, Chez Papa, even Oakland's Home of Chicken & Waffles.
5-7pm VIP; 7-10pm general public grand tasting
$89 general; $169 VIP
War Memorial House
401 Van Ness, SF.
4/24-25 Passport to Dry Creek Valley
A Wine Country locals' favorite event annually, this weekend focuses on Dry Creek Valley and starts off with a classy shindig at Dry Creek Kitchen on Friday night. Then it uncorks the weekend with two days of barrel tasting (yes, you can purchase futures) and newly-released wines at over 60 wineries, Mingle with winemakers and growers as bands play (from blues to rock) or belly dancers dance. There's food at each winery, everything from oysters to BBQ, even games of bocce ball and early morning vineyard tours.
$120 for 2-day passport; $70 Sunday only
At participating wineries around Dry Creek Valley, Sonoma County
5/3 Austria Uncorked
How familiar are you with Austrian wines? Well, it's time you became acquainted. Bottlenotes is selling tickets to this unique event (only held here and New York City) on a mellow Monday in Fort Mason. There's more than 80 Austrian wines represented with Austrian cheeses and snacks to boot. The entire evening becomes one pleasurable education on top sips from this gorgeous country.
The Officers Club, 1 Fort Mason
Most Commented On
- Another legislative initiative courtesy of Eric Mar's daughter - March 13, 2014
- My guess is that he just likes regressive taxes - March 13, 2014
- Why stop at soda? Shouldn't - March 13, 2014
- It's not about being poor. It's about being stupid. - March 13, 2014
- Yes, everyone laughs at SF politics - we know that. - March 13, 2014
- A libertarian in SF, really? - March 13, 2014
- Poor people paying the price already - March 13, 2014
- It must be hard to be a progressive and everywhere you walk in - March 13, 2014
- Welcome to San Francisco - March 13, 2014
- "apple is using our streets" - March 13, 2014