An A-list cast and a B-movie plot converge in Splice
It's also a curious entry considering Natali's earlier efforts, notably 1997's relatively austere exercise in Kubrickian Big Think sci-fi nuance, Cube. The only Kubrick evidenced in Splice comes in the form of Clive's large collection of vinyl hipster toys.
Perhaps this about-face fits somewhere comfortably between Cube and Natali's rumored next project: a remake of Wes Craven's Swamp Thing (1982). Splice in some Craven and pretty soon Natali's DNA will be such a bouillabaisse of sci-fi horror tropes he'll give his Frankenstein-aping heroine Elsa a run for her money.
SPLICE opens Fri/4 in Bay Area theaters.
Most Commented On
- "It's a power thing for us - December 9, 2013
- CAREERS AND ED: Bend over, boardroom - December 9, 2013
- Am thanking Dr SHAVAI for helping me bring my lost husband bca - December 9, 2013
- So tired of people from - December 9, 2013
- Brilliant post! I certainly - December 9, 2013
- My husband dumped me 3 months - December 8, 2013
- voyage cambodge - December 8, 2013
- Medical admission 2013 - December 8, 2013
- How my ex husband came back within 48 hours - December 8, 2013
- You posted this a year ago - December 8, 2013