An A-list cast and a B-movie plot converge in Splice
It's also a curious entry considering Natali's earlier efforts, notably 1997's relatively austere exercise in Kubrickian Big Think sci-fi nuance, Cube. The only Kubrick evidenced in Splice comes in the form of Clive's large collection of vinyl hipster toys.
Perhaps this about-face fits somewhere comfortably between Cube and Natali's rumored next project: a remake of Wes Craven's Swamp Thing (1982). Splice in some Craven and pretty soon Natali's DNA will be such a bouillabaisse of sci-fi horror tropes he'll give his Frankenstein-aping heroine Elsa a run for her money.
SPLICE opens Fri/4 in Bay Area theaters.
Most Commented On
- uCnoDZlMvIAxXt - April 21, 2014
- mWgxyNmalCQRrCwgLL - April 21, 2014
- spell caster that help me - April 21, 2014
- euhKSDcwqbGCEG - April 21, 2014
- iUZgkURJPUAuXGx - April 21, 2014
- JZKKCRErkreJv - April 21, 2014
- bCaCsMmKHQ - April 21, 2014
- YOU CAN GET YOUR EX BACK - April 21, 2014
- Economists aren't scientists - April 21, 2014
- FKGFQsDkCAk - April 21, 2014