They're just props in a series of Rube Goldbergian set-pieces that are showy, intricate yet somehow stale. If Amelie's pursuit of charm could feel incongruously elephantine like a space shuttle chasing a feather Micmacs likewise exerts way too much effort just trying to be cute and funny. It's so overpoweringly delighted with itself that you don't need to be.
MICMACS opens Fri/4 in Bay Area theaters.
Most Commented On
- NXnIkASWEdbXKX - April 20, 2014
- DEdvViLvRCaDldDNNCll - April 20, 2014
- EjkBgTgZDFEPU - April 20, 2014
- eLuuLuuYbQoHhFTe - April 20, 2014
- sNcIeFFgwytVM - April 20, 2014
- OoeJblVvLCQGbGM - April 20, 2014
- xDVkbforskWEN - April 20, 2014
- idrmEbxoIArC - April 20, 2014
- a spell caster who brought my ex husband back to me - April 20, 2014
- KFwjlShNJouspIjtBQVW - April 20, 2014