The fat noodles and chunks of tofu offer attractive ballast, but the charge lies in the complex, incendiary vegetable broth. To alert the unwary, red sheets of chili oil shimmer on the surface, like rays of a summer sunset glinting from a pond.
"Vegan dessert" sounds like what the late Herb Caen used to call a "self-canceling phrase." But Golden Era's desserts could pass at just about any restaurant in town. Both the blueberry cheesecake ($4.75), creamy and lemony with a liberal dribbling of blueberry coulis, and the mocha chocolate cake ($3.50), as velvety and rich as a cashmere greatcoat, were accomplishments any Swedish pastry chef would have been proud of.
Wed.Mon., 11 a.m.9 p.m.
572 O'Farrell, SF
Difficult wheelchair access
Most Commented On
- AHfbaJyduxKe - April 20, 2014
- rIbttVoMzBxK - April 20, 2014
- tKdmZvDYZrCuaj - April 20, 2014
- Pls Help since without being there you KNOW what happened. - April 20, 2014
- pjaWCwyvEAnRuMK - April 20, 2014
- xFlHMxDECGtHLA - April 20, 2014
- lPpWoIgGbMSIsdgwg - April 20, 2014
- CRVqBMzWusQysfSqmS - April 20, 2014
- rloEFTjaUJYRxlc - April 20, 2014
- BrEbqAgKFCS - April 20, 2014