Score! Ironside hits a homerun near AT&T park, with a handsome interior and American dishes
Such a final saucing flourish would have helped at least one of the desserts, the brownie and banana sundae ($7), which was really more of a big — and chewy and moist — brownie flanked by banana halves and topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and some whipped cream, than a sundae, which, strictly speaking, would be ice-cream-centric. The drizzling of chocolate sauce seemed unequal to the task of holding all this together.
Our handsome young server could have been an extra from Milk. I hadn't seen such evocative facial hair since those long-ago days when actual clones roamed the earth. He thanked us profusely for everything. As Joan Crawford might have put it, just whom is thanking whom here?
Lunch: Mon.–Fri., 11 a.m.–2:30 p.m.
Dinner: Tues.–Sat., 5:30–10 p.m.
680A Second St., SF
Beer and wine
Most Commented On
- Something is happening and you don't know what it is. - May 21, 2013
- Apple is owned by institutions which is all of us. - May 21, 2013
- Unless you never go anywhere, you are an oil consumer too. - May 21, 2013
- Except - May 21, 2013
- Dan, like I've said before - May 21, 2013
- Always? - May 21, 2013
- Well said, Tim - May 21, 2013
- No. - May 21, 2013
- Tim Cook deserves high praise for his performance - May 21, 2013
- Xorauguynawvlur - May 21, 2013