Mapping the backwoods noir of slow-burn wonder Winter's Bone
DG The first thing that comes to mind — the overarching concept — is the word "and." Ree Dolly can have a chemically dependent uncle who's a big problem, and he has some very intense loyalties to the family in his own gnarly, difficult, convoluted, tragic way. [The film isn't trying to] make an ethical or puritanical judgment on drug taking or anything. This has left her in a very raw and difficult position, and she's got really intense family values of her own. She cares about her two siblings. So I think people recognize the and. That's our hope — that audiences will vibe off the and of the whole thing.
WINTER'S BONE opens Fri/18 in Bay Area theaters.
Most Commented On
- Johnny's providing the - May 25, 2013
- ""This was not the case in my - May 25, 2013
- Johnny: Jack of all trades! - May 25, 2013
- Johnny's a great Internet - May 25, 2013
- Huh? - May 25, 2013
- Treat others as you'd have them treat you is the only morality; - May 25, 2013
- I would certainly think that - May 25, 2013
- In other words, - May 25, 2013
- Remember this infamous anti-gay scout leader? - May 25, 2013
- They're attempting to appeal - May 25, 2013