Mapping the backwoods noir of slow-burn wonder Winter's Bone
DG The first thing that comes to mind — the overarching concept — is the word "and." Ree Dolly can have a chemically dependent uncle who's a big problem, and he has some very intense loyalties to the family in his own gnarly, difficult, convoluted, tragic way. [The film isn't trying to] make an ethical or puritanical judgment on drug taking or anything. This has left her in a very raw and difficult position, and she's got really intense family values of her own. She cares about her two siblings. So I think people recognize the and. That's our hope — that audiences will vibe off the and of the whole thing.
WINTER'S BONE opens Fri/18 in Bay Area theaters.
Most Commented On
- Motion capture - July 25, 2014
- REjFcnpKIuXcLVMWu - July 25, 2014
- The bike lanes are actually - July 25, 2014
- Sure, if I scaled back my life, I would drive less - July 25, 2014
- You benefit from vehicles and roads even if you do not own a car - July 25, 2014
- LOL, so I have to produce evidence but you do not? - July 25, 2014
- yUomWWJqsFXwS - July 25, 2014
- Local journalists starting to catch onto Airbnb's subversion of - July 25, 2014
- My stars! - July 25, 2014
- Very Good Site - July 25, 2014