Maio then tried to bring up the issue of whether New Times, now part of Village Voice Media, could be held liable for the actions of the Weekly, but the justices cut him off, saying they'd already read all the relevant briefs and testimony.
A ruling is expected in several weeks.
VVM's Executive Associate Editor Andy Van De Voorde, whose coverage of the trial has been nasty, bitter, and personal, took a remarkably muted approach to the Court of Appeal hearing. The Chronicle's Bob Egelko turned in a typically clean, accurate account of the proceedings.
Most Commented On
- Legendary San Francisco football pub - July 24, 2014
- It isn't just book stores. - July 24, 2014
- BDS has been an abject failure - July 24, 2014
- home Design - July 24, 2014
- Palestinians in Gaza and the West Bank are not citizens - July 24, 2014
- Your article shows you have a - July 24, 2014
- unique home designs - July 24, 2014
- Sounds good, Greg - July 24, 2014
- Egypt - July 24, 2014
- Farebox recovery - July 24, 2014