Fixing Muni is going about as smoothly as boarding a crowded bus with a bundle of groceries
Members of the Budget and Finance Committee resisted the mayor's demand and forwarded a budget to the full board that included their high-priority restorations. The proposed ballot measures will be considered by the board this month.
"If you ask me, I would say we should have commission reform across the board," Mirkarimi told the Guardian. "The idea of having [equally balanced appointments] is a smart way for us to share the responsibility and the consequences."
MTA's fiscal problems aren't unique to San Francisco. On July 1, Caltrain announced a menu of undesirable options to deal with big financial troubles facing the commuter railroad. Elimination of weekend service and certain weekday train stops, or a 25-cent increase to base fares or zone fares, will be the subject of public hearings this summer.
Noting that all the different sources that fund Caltrain have been slashed, spokesperson Christine Dunn told us, "It's frustrating to not be able to provide the service you want to provide."
Most Commented On
- My name is Lorna smith, and I - July 23, 2014
- An amazing testimony on a - July 23, 2014
- H. Brown: Goodbye to all that, we hope - July 23, 2014
- The writer clearly does not - July 23, 2014
- NSA surveillance scandal goes full tilt clown - July 23, 2014
- If the initiative has broad support, then money won't matter - July 23, 2014
- Yes, similar comments were made about Emma's piece on - July 23, 2014
- No Wall on the Waterfront wins big, Chiu prevails in Assembly - July 23, 2014
- cjdoaXCjIQqACmte - July 23, 2014
- you point out. - July 23, 2014