Great Directors: a vanity project worth admiring
More interesting still are their tales of production travails, whether it's Breillat on the censorious loathing exercised toward her many portraits of abused female sexuality, or Lynch claiming "It's beautiful to have a great
failure" (i.e., 1984's Dune) since it freed him to make smaller, more personal projects like next-stop Blue Velvet (1986).
Great Directors has myriad such behind-scenes revelations. Preening and adoring these idols in camera view, Ismailos flashes her
good taste around. This would be more annoying if her taste wasn't, in fact, pretty choice.
GREAT DIRECTORS opens Fri/23 in Bay Area theaters.
Most Commented On
- Well said Marcos - December 22, 2013
- The buses ARE the riders. No - December 22, 2013
- Regarding Paula Tejada- rent - December 21, 2013
- Do you like music from the - December 21, 2013
- Yeah, I remember when - December 21, 2013
- So you rather them drive to - December 21, 2013
- That's absurd and you know - December 21, 2013
- Too funny - December 21, 2013
- So because someone is wrong on one thing - December 21, 2013
- What's more, it's a myth - December 21, 2013