Great Directors: a vanity project worth admiring
More interesting still are their tales of production travails, whether it's Breillat on the censorious loathing exercised toward her many portraits of abused female sexuality, or Lynch claiming "It's beautiful to have a great
failure" (i.e., 1984's Dune) since it freed him to make smaller, more personal projects like next-stop Blue Velvet (1986).
Great Directors has myriad such behind-scenes revelations. Preening and adoring these idols in camera view, Ismailos flashes her
good taste around. This would be more annoying if her taste wasn't, in fact, pretty choice.
GREAT DIRECTORS opens Fri/23 in Bay Area theaters.
Most Commented On
- Editing required - March 13, 2014
- "It's not about people being smart or dumb - March 13, 2014
- CCSF - March 13, 2014
- The same goes for the D8 - March 13, 2014
- prove your case - March 13, 2014
- Silly person - trolls are so - March 13, 2014
- Actually, it was peaceful - March 13, 2014
- David Chiu is owned by - March 13, 2014
- no they are just poor workers - March 13, 2014
- All the people mentioned - March 13, 2014