- This Week
08.06.10 - 10:34 am | Virginia Miller |
2009 SF Chefs bread tower in Grand Tasting TentPHOTO BY VIRGINIA MILLER
Are you ready for SF CHEFS 2010 next week (8/10-15)? Jump on tickets now, if you haven't already, for what was one of my favorite events last year, now in its second year... a festival that has already become a must for food and drink fans (and who among us is not?) The multi-day festival covers all epicurean loves: food, spirits, cocktails, wine; showcasing San Francisco's finest, and headquartered in Grand Tasting Tents erected in Union Square just for the occasion. Classes, lunches, dinners and parties are spread out at nearby restaurants or in the Westin St Francis.
Much of the same crew is behind the event as last year (GGRA, Andrew Freeman & Co., Tannin Management, Dominic Phillips Event Marketing), with a similar format but more streamlining when it comes to seminars and tastings. I plan on frequenting most days (Tuesday through Sunday), as there's something for everyone going on daily.
There's a Top Chef Happy Hour Saturday afternoon, and a lamb-centric fundraiser party Saturday night with a killer chef line-up from Elizabeth Falkner to Mourad Lahlou, Craig Stoll to Hoss Zare. Then there's Tyler Florence's Bohemian Bash after-party at Wayfare Tavern that night. Choosing what to attend is no easy feat.
One of last year's party treats: Chef Hubert Keller on the turntables. Photo by Virginia Miller
Here are a couple more key events I'm anticipating -- check the full SF CHEFS schedule for more:
8/13, 6-10pm - Hog in the Fog Opening Party in Grand Tasting Tent
Most Commented On
- The Car Lobby - December 4, 2013
- The fantasy world - December 4, 2013
- Can you quit when you have already been fired? - December 4, 2013
- Cars Kill 100 Times As Many Pedestrians As Bicycles - December 4, 2013
- Not to mention free pensions and healthcare. - December 4, 2013
- Since I do not support conscription, it follows that my view is - December 4, 2013
- What other groups of people do you hate that much based on a - December 4, 2013
- Affordability issues were not mentioned in the article at all? - December 4, 2013
- The answer, dear friends, is to spend more money - December 4, 2013
- So your talk about - December 4, 2013