- This Week
DRUGS ISSUE: California could legalize pot this fall -- so why are medical marijuana providers grumbling?
08.17.10 - 4:12 pm | Steven T. Jones |
Attorney David Owen, who works with SPARC, said the momentum is now there for the federal government to revisit its approach to marijuana. But in the meantime, he said Prop. 19 has come along at a good time, given the need for more revenue and more legal clarity following the federal stand-down.
And even if the measure isn't perfect, he said those who have devoted their lives to legalizing marijuana will still vote for it: "A lot of these folks, intellectually and emotionally, will have a hard time voting against Prop. 19."
Most Commented On
- Remember what started this - July 27, 2014
- Go back to your mother's basement, troll - July 27, 2014
- San Francisco needs more buses, less cars - July 27, 2014
- Left out - July 27, 2014
- JbqSETCBdCoSL - July 27, 2014
- Where I was on the day President Kennedy was shot - July 27, 2014
- And joysticks for all - July 27, 2014
- Marcos' Judaism is relevant only when it comes to - July 27, 2014
- hqQqnukbsN - July 27, 2014
- mvajoCbAui - July 27, 2014