- This Week
DRUGS ISSUE: California could legalize pot this fall -- so why are medical marijuana providers grumbling?
08.17.10 - 4:12 pm | Steven T. Jones |
Attorney David Owen, who works with SPARC, said the momentum is now there for the federal government to revisit its approach to marijuana. But in the meantime, he said Prop. 19 has come along at a good time, given the need for more revenue and more legal clarity following the federal stand-down.
And even if the measure isn't perfect, he said those who have devoted their lives to legalizing marijuana will still vote for it: "A lot of these folks, intellectually and emotionally, will have a hard time voting against Prop. 19."
Most Commented On
- You cannot have total equality without a massive cost. - March 11, 2014
- One Source Journalism - March 11, 2014
- Disabled people don't - March 11, 2014
- Lighten up and grow a sense of humor. - March 11, 2014
- Nobody is saying the disabled don't deserve a break - March 11, 2014
- Home Improvement Fashion - March 11, 2014
- Homophobic troll - March 11, 2014
- I do love a good party - March 11, 2014
- 2 of these officers killed my son Idriss Stelley - March 11, 2014
- impressed - March 11, 2014