- This Week
DRUGS ISSUE: California could legalize pot this fall -- so why are medical marijuana providers grumbling?
08.17.10 - 4:12 pm | Steven T. Jones |
Attorney David Owen, who works with SPARC, said the momentum is now there for the federal government to revisit its approach to marijuana. But in the meantime, he said Prop. 19 has come along at a good time, given the need for more revenue and more legal clarity following the federal stand-down.
And even if the measure isn't perfect, he said those who have devoted their lives to legalizing marijuana will still vote for it: "A lot of these folks, intellectually and emotionally, will have a hard time voting against Prop. 19."
Most Commented On
- SF has always had rich and poor living cheek-by-jowl. - May 19, 2013
- Home ownership moves in cycles, naturally, but the long-term - May 19, 2013
- Xorauguynabexjw - May 19, 2013
- U.S. Homeownership Rate Falls - May 19, 2013
- Yep, like I said, you contribute nothing to help, unlike me. - May 19, 2013
- True, and we're seeing the - May 19, 2013
- Greg, two thirds of americans won their own home, and - May 19, 2013
- Your "best way" is highly subjective. - May 19, 2013
- Who made you the arbiter of community activism? - May 19, 2013
- My point is clear - May 19, 2013