A new doc explores the spectrum of Spector
Still, to the Jayanti's credit, Agony's strange parallels stay with you: Clarkson, in blackface, impersonates Little Richard (in a failed bid to resurrect her comedy career), around the time Lennon is heard on the soundtrack singing "Woman is the Nigger of the World"; Spector rattles on about how he wasn't surprised when Lennon was shot ("People wanted to become famous by killing him, and if you were neurotic and crazy enough ... ") before a prosecutor offers, "Lana Clarkson wasn't an anonymous nobody who deserved a bullet to her head." Over it all looms the so-called legend — a victim, yes, as he implies at the start, but one who has fallen prey to his own press, and to his own eternally flaming ego.
THE AGONY AND THE ECSTASY OF PHIL SPECTOR opens Wed/10 at the Roxie.
Most Commented On
- thats great - December 12, 2013
- Discover how to make money - December 12, 2013
- Essay writing help - December 12, 2013
- There She Goes Again" to - December 12, 2013
- Drive jacket - December 12, 2013
- Study Medicine (MBBS/ MD/ MS) in India/ Overseas - December 12, 2013
- Why isn't the Department of - December 11, 2013
- "I'm getting tired of trying - December 11, 2013
- Oh there you go again off the - December 11, 2013
- "The internet allows every - December 11, 2013