A new doc explores the spectrum of Spector
Still, to the Jayanti's credit, Agony's strange parallels stay with you: Clarkson, in blackface, impersonates Little Richard (in a failed bid to resurrect her comedy career), around the time Lennon is heard on the soundtrack singing "Woman is the Nigger of the World"; Spector rattles on about how he wasn't surprised when Lennon was shot ("People wanted to become famous by killing him, and if you were neurotic and crazy enough ... ") before a prosecutor offers, "Lana Clarkson wasn't an anonymous nobody who deserved a bullet to her head." Over it all looms the so-called legend — a victim, yes, as he implies at the start, but one who has fallen prey to his own press, and to his own eternally flaming ego.
THE AGONY AND THE ECSTASY OF PHIL SPECTOR opens Wed/10 at the Roxie.
Most Commented On
- Richard Gere Garza - July 31, 2014
- Small Business Awards 2013: La Victoria Bakery - July 31, 2014
- Wrong, cross-charging between cost centers is routine in - July 31, 2014
- and J Hayes White as Fire Chief - July 31, 2014
- VHyLOXVwFiSo - July 31, 2014
- bFXQikfRhxCVH - July 31, 2014
- Work orders are in place due - July 31, 2014
- what if a sponsoring existed - July 31, 2014
- Having an admitted domestic - July 31, 2014
- Boxes in space - July 31, 2014