- This Week
THE SEX ISSUE: Our favorite sleazy, easy, and just plain sexy people, places, and things in San Francisco
09.21.10 - 7:01 pm | Guardian Staff Writers |
Kink.com model jessie Cox takes her knocks at Kink's HQ in the Mission ArmoryPHOTO BY PAT MAZZERA
When it comes gender-bending sexual escapades, we landlubbing bipeds tend to give short shrift to our finned, feathered, and multi-legged Earthmates. That's why we're giving a hearty bottoms up to the California Academy of Science's Amphiprion ocellaris. The showy orange and white striped fish, whose common name is clownfish, is best known as the aquatic brat in Finding Nemo. But we don't care about Nemo's celebrity — or his billions. We salute him for his ability to shift from male to female when needed, giving her access to the entire spectrum of fishy sexuality. One of the planet's rare sequential hermaphrodites, all clownfish are born male (protandrous hermaphrodites) but become female when the female in a breeding pair dies. You may never look at a clownfish the same way again — and you should certainly go and look at them at the Cal Academy aquarium (www.calacademy.org), where the San Franciscan clownfish ride tiny fixies, design websites, and sip Blue Bottle. Kidding! But maybe we should rethink always calling them "Nemo." How about Nema for a change? Or Nemo-ma. Or, oh goddess of LGBT fish love, Nemaphrodite.
It's lunchtime Friday and you need a juicy thigh in your mouth: Gold Club is there. And no, we're not talking about the lovely ladies popping, dropping, and locking it all over the SoMa strip club's pleasure poles. Carnal urges take on new meaning when it comes to the joint's $5 all you can eat Friday buffet, an omnivorous affair stuffed with roast beef, lasagna, fresh veggies, hummus, brownies, and their signature breasts (or as one Yelper so memorably dubbed them, "fried chicken tit-tays!") The spread attracts a diverse crowd of office workers and lap-dance connoisseurs of all genders, endowed with an appetite for crispy skin and jiggling glutei maximi alike. So pair your plate with a $4 happy hour cocktail — available until 7 p.m. — and don't forget to share your savings with the working women up front.
Gold Club's all you can eat buffet Fridays 11 a.m.– 2 p.m., $5. 650 Howard, SF. (415) 536-0300, www.goldclubsf.com
Slutty profiles written by Marke B., Caitlin Donohue, Johnny Ray Huston, and Diane Sussman.
Most Commented On
- Yes, the Twitter tax deal is only criticized because people do - December 20, 2013
- True. At least if Greg moved to Venezuela, then he would have a - December 20, 2013
- We're all a lot better off than we were in the 1960's so - December 20, 2013
- If you don't like your job, get another one - December 20, 2013
- If Twitter had left SF, there would be even less money for - December 20, 2013
- I do not support special treatment for any class of worker - December 20, 2013
- 73% of voters disagree with you. - December 20, 2013
- As always, stereotypes are not helpful - December 20, 2013
- Except that Ed Lee never made a promise, Aunt Tom - December 20, 2013
- Should be easy for you to cite a refutation if there have been - December 20, 2013