SUPER EGO: A jaunt through the TL and Union Square's most dangerously divey splashdowns
RJ's Sports Bar (701 Geary): Korean women behind the bar (it seems to be Bush corridor de rigueur) who speak excellent Spanish and have incredible dance moves (don't ask me how I know, but this was the biggest surprise of all). Another bar that allows indoor smoking, despite a sticker, in plain sight, that contradicts such actions. A man came in and requested that the bartender fill up his empty Gatorade bottle with Anchor Steam for $5, and without a second thought, that call was answered.
High Tide Lounge (600 Geary): Free food ranging from kimchi, chicken wings, and sushi rolls to stuffed peppers, pad Thai, chow mein, and something that resembled an egg roll but looked more like a snuffed out cigar. I didn't ask questions. In the midst of our revels, we happened upon a petite woman taking a little catnap in the corner of the bar. Despite sleeping on a cold linoleum floor, she looked quite peaceful. Definitely not dead, though ... we checked her pulse.
Most Commented On
- Having an admitted domestic - July 31, 2014
- Boxes in space - July 31, 2014
- Shameful Mailer - July 31, 2014
- Small Business Awards 2013: La Victoria Bakery - July 31, 2014
- But work orders are legitimate - July 31, 2014
- Nowhere in there do I see specific examples of new SF - July 31, 2014
- Projections - July 31, 2014
- Lil B's career trajectory is reminiscent of S.mouse - July 31, 2014
- DRomGYCrHe - July 31, 2014
- Barbie gets a makeover, San Francisco-style - July 31, 2014