Where you can converse and hear at the same time amidst old world graciousness and hearty comfort foods
Uptown Joe's prices strike me on the whole as not bargain-basement despite the restaurant's folksy name. Neither are they through the roof, especially considering the ambiance, although the desserts did leaving me wondering. The chocolate mousse cake ($7.75) was light as whipped cream and not much else, while the apple pie ($7.50, with a pat of vanilla ice cream) was almost too hot to eat in spots despite a creditable crust. In a word: middling.
Dinner: Tues.–Sun., 5–10:30 p.m.
Brunch: 9 a.m.–2 p.m.
1500 Sutter, SF
Most Commented On
- Lilli, you've admitted to trolling SFGATE and getting banned - May 22, 2013
- Then why don't you move to a less successful town - May 22, 2013
- Yet you cannot refute his points and - May 22, 2013
- The US has the highest rate of corporate tax in the West, so - May 22, 2013
- And you trust the government to run your healthcare? - May 22, 2013
- Why is it mentioned in the article? - May 22, 2013
- LOL, and "Johnny Venom" is your real name? - May 22, 2013
- The US owes 20 trillion including agency debt. - May 22, 2013
- The policy question is who adds value to SF? - May 22, 2013
- Let me get this - May 22, 2013