PG&E sharply questioned at hearing on San Bruno explosion
Yet whatever regulatory changes come into play will hardly matter for those San Bruno residents whose lives were permanently altered by the loss of family members. James Ruigomez, a resident who testified at the hearing, told legislators that his son's girlfriend, Jessica Morales, had just settled down to watch a football game with his son Joe Ruigomez on the night of the explosion. Morales died in the blaze and Joe is still recovering in the hospital.
The tragedy filled James Ruigomez with guilt and sorrow, he said — but also anger. "Extreme anger," he added, "knowing that this possibly could've been prevented."
Most Commented On
- Yeah, let's abolish public transport too - December 18, 2013
- Yep. Total job security. Tell - December 18, 2013
- Ummm, Twitter got a $50 - December 18, 2013
- What a piece of work Mary! - December 18, 2013
- The idea that the "public coffers" benefit the public - December 18, 2013
- You need to live where you work. - December 18, 2013
- Kizi 1 - December 18, 2013
- Ranked choice voting still confuses some people, obviously. - December 18, 2013
- This envy meme is merely - December 18, 2013
- "and leave this place to the - December 18, 2013