PG&E sharply questioned at hearing on San Bruno explosion
Yet whatever regulatory changes come into play will hardly matter for those San Bruno residents whose lives were permanently altered by the loss of family members. James Ruigomez, a resident who testified at the hearing, told legislators that his son's girlfriend, Jessica Morales, had just settled down to watch a football game with his son Joe Ruigomez on the night of the explosion. Morales died in the blaze and Joe is still recovering in the hospital.
The tragedy filled James Ruigomez with guilt and sorrow, he said — but also anger. "Extreme anger," he added, "knowing that this possibly could've been prevented."
Most Commented On
- Only an idiot who knows - March 13, 2014
- "Alt?" - March 13, 2014
- No, the city doesn't give any money to corporations. - March 13, 2014
- When is Mar termed out? - March 13, 2014
- March On City Hall! - March 13, 2014
- Another legislative initiative courtesy of Eric Mar's daughter - March 13, 2014
- My guess is that he just likes regressive taxes - March 13, 2014
- Why stop at soda? Shouldn't - March 13, 2014
- It's not about being poor. It's about being stupid. - March 13, 2014
- Yes, everyone laughs at SF politics - we know that. - March 13, 2014