AXIS/inkBoat's ODD creates physical landscapes
Hermaphrodites, the Beatles, two dance companies, a cellist, and a painter's body of work: ODD takes on enormous proportions, and the resulting piece is incredibly dense. There is the melding of dancers with mixed physical abilities. There is the fusion of dance and music. There is the dancing itself, a parade of overlapping solos, duets, trios, and group work. Yet it is the morphing landscape of bodies and sound that prevails. The androgynous bodies moving through space lose their individualism and become the landscape itself, creating a compelling live interpretation of Nerdrum's work.
Fri/12–Sat/13, 8 p.m.; Sun/14, 2 p.m.
Malonga Casquelourd Center for the Arts
1428 Alice, Oakl..
Most Commented On
- Pass immigration reform now!! - December 10, 2013
- Miniscule reparations more than - December 10, 2013
- great idea - December 10, 2013
- I'm looking forward to even - December 10, 2013
- BART To Mt. View - December 10, 2013
- Maybe You Can Have An Actor Play The Landlord Next - December 10, 2013
- For me the best part is how - December 10, 2013
- Transit first: We need more - December 10, 2013
- Don't leave out the - December 10, 2013
- mangicspell - December 10, 2013