AXIS/inkBoat's ODD creates physical landscapes
Hermaphrodites, the Beatles, two dance companies, a cellist, and a painter's body of work: ODD takes on enormous proportions, and the resulting piece is incredibly dense. There is the melding of dancers with mixed physical abilities. There is the fusion of dance and music. There is the dancing itself, a parade of overlapping solos, duets, trios, and group work. Yet it is the morphing landscape of bodies and sound that prevails. The androgynous bodies moving through space lose their individualism and become the landscape itself, creating a compelling live interpretation of Nerdrum's work.
Fri/12–Sat/13, 8 p.m.; Sun/14, 2 p.m.
Malonga Casquelourd Center for the Arts
1428 Alice, Oakl..
Most Commented On
- thJGySbieQF - August 1, 2014
- From the amateur website of - August 1, 2014
- and who are you, exactly? - August 1, 2014
- Your attention is commanded - August 1, 2014
- Because what we need in the - August 1, 2014
- No, refuting and debunking you is not acknowledging your - August 1, 2014
- For a paper that - August 1, 2014
- You keep making it about me - August 1, 2014
- Police radio dispatch from Alejandro Nieto shooting raises new - August 1, 2014
- Idora, so your stated preference is for censorship and the - August 1, 2014