AXIS/inkBoat's ODD creates physical landscapes
Hermaphrodites, the Beatles, two dance companies, a cellist, and a painter's body of work: ODD takes on enormous proportions, and the resulting piece is incredibly dense. There is the melding of dancers with mixed physical abilities. There is the fusion of dance and music. There is the dancing itself, a parade of overlapping solos, duets, trios, and group work. Yet it is the morphing landscape of bodies and sound that prevails. The androgynous bodies moving through space lose their individualism and become the landscape itself, creating a compelling live interpretation of Nerdrum's work.
Fri/12–Sat/13, 8 p.m.; Sun/14, 2 p.m.
Malonga Casquelourd Center for the Arts
1428 Alice, Oakl..
Most Commented On
- Xorauguynagazsy - May 22, 2013
- What is "staggering expense" if City doesn't repair potholes? - May 22, 2013
- Enjoy our clothing free lifestyle! - May 22, 2013
- Are you Single and a Nudist? - May 22, 2013
- nudist dating - May 22, 2013
- Public employee unions suck... - May 21, 2013
- interesting - May 21, 2013
- SFMTA chief hopes to calm the parking meter furor at - May 21, 2013
- after first person dealing with progressives - May 21, 2013
- Xorauguynafnvji - May 21, 2013