Germany's Tensnake reps the new European wave of history-shuffling, ambitiously funky dance music. Plus: It's Ambrosia Salad's doble quinceañera!
AMBROSIA SALAD'S DOBLE QUINCEAÑERA
Fluff up your pretty pink crinoline: "It's like I'm becoming a woman again — except without the vaginoplasty," drag princess Ambrosia tells me of her fab-sounding doble quinceañera birthday celebration. Including a mariachi band with accompanying live vocals from drag luminaries, DJs Javi en Rose and Juanita More, a traditional quinceañera waltz, Juanita Fajita's fajita cart and the tamale lady, this will be one of the kooky-magical parties of the year. Doble the pleasure, darling.
Sun/14, 8 p.m., $8. Rickshaw Stop, 155 Fell, SF. myspecial15.blogspot.com
Most Commented On
- marcos - March 7, 2014
- Robert, I know for a fact that Aaron blocked a poster without - March 7, 2014
- He said "moderated by a poet" so clearly he was referring to the - March 7, 2014
- From my experience there's - March 7, 2014
- I'm fwightened of the big bad nasty cars. - March 7, 2014
- not biased - March 7, 2014
- Help me, government! - March 7, 2014
- It can't - March 7, 2014
- Yes, state law trumps anything the city's rent ordinance says - March 7, 2014
- But what about AirBnB's competitiors with the same business - March 7, 2014