Germany's Tensnake reps the new European wave of history-shuffling, ambitiously funky dance music. Plus: It's Ambrosia Salad's doble quinceañera!
AMBROSIA SALAD'S DOBLE QUINCEAÑERA
Fluff up your pretty pink crinoline: "It's like I'm becoming a woman again — except without the vaginoplasty," drag princess Ambrosia tells me of her fab-sounding doble quinceañera birthday celebration. Including a mariachi band with accompanying live vocals from drag luminaries, DJs Javi en Rose and Juanita More, a traditional quinceañera waltz, Juanita Fajita's fajita cart and the tamale lady, this will be one of the kooky-magical parties of the year. Doble the pleasure, darling.
Sun/14, 8 p.m., $8. Rickshaw Stop, 155 Fell, SF. myspecial15.blogspot.com
Most Commented On
- Too late - April 17, 2014
- Homeowner (noun): one that - April 17, 2014
- This is true, and moreover the universe of net beneficiaries of - April 17, 2014
- LKbaaByfxUuHzupWL - April 17, 2014
- WE pay OUR taxes - April 17, 2014
- aVSzicDusmzArZcOR - April 17, 2014
- The new generation of San - April 17, 2014
- Yes, much of Greg's ideology is rooted in envy. - April 17, 2014
- Public comments are almost always a waste of time - April 17, 2014
- ETMUxocYYiwANXioJal - April 17, 2014