As Clean Power SF gets underway, public officials and renewal energy advocates brace for PG&E "thuggery"
Even if the state regulatory body doesn't hold PG&E's feet to the fire, Mirkarimi won't hold back. "We're tired of the thuggery. We're tired of the bullying," he said. He alluded to the Raker Act, a 1913 act of Congress that allowed San Francisco to build the O'Shaughnessy Dam and draw water from the Hetch Hetchy Reservoir under the condition that no private profit was derived from the development, saying the arrangement had been subverted by PG&E. "We should be able to chart our own energy destiny," Mirkarimi said.
Most Commented On
- The rule is four or maybe - March 12, 2014
- How would one expect outside - March 12, 2014
- At what point, and more - March 12, 2014
- PUT A PICTURE if you want - March 12, 2014
- I'm just asking questions - March 12, 2014
- Taxi Insurance - March 12, 2014
- Good luck SFBG/Ex - screw the Chron if they're doin that - March 12, 2014
- Here's what wouldn't surprise me - March 12, 2014
- The trolls here find even a huge fire a reason to troll here - March 12, 2014
- Aside from the conversation - March 12, 2014