Did the great California drought of 2009 really happen?
She quotes Patrick Woodall, research director at Food and Water Watch, an international consumer advocacy group with headquarters in Washington, D.C.: "There is a kind of insanity about this," Woodall said. "Exporting water in the form of crops is giving water away from thirsty communities and infringing on their ability to deal with water scarcity."
Most Commented On
- Or we could extend BART down - December 9, 2013
- Give me a break - December 9, 2013
- If you live in Oakland, you - December 9, 2013
- "I've been calling for this for several years now:" - December 9, 2013
- how about playing the whole video - December 9, 2013
- On My Block - December 9, 2013
- OMG, the Bay Guardian got SO OWNED here, lol!!!! - December 9, 2013
- Uninformed, incoherent people - December 9, 2013
- That's not "theater," that's "deceit" - December 9, 2013
- You want mandatory worker encampments? - December 9, 2013